High School Serve Night at Feed My Starving Children – Coon Rapids, Nov. 8, 6-10PM
Bring $10 for dinner at Chick-fil-a and a donation for FMSC. We will pack meals for hungry kids. Friends are welcome. Contact Megan Pedersen to RSVP.
Middle School Fall Camp at Young Life’s Castaway Club – Detroit Lakes, Nov. 22-24
Join us for a fun weekend together! Friends are welcome. Register here.
- Middle School students (grades 6-8) are invited to the Y for WyldLife on Wednesdays, 6:30-8:00 PM beginning on September 18, 2019. Kids can play pick-up basketball at the end of the evening.
- High School students (grades 9-12) are invited to the Y for Bible Study on Wednesdays, 7-8PM.
College Care Ministry
- The WHY Church actively supports and encourages our students who are attending college or away from home. We send care packages, write notes, and pray throughout the year for these students!
- All students and kids have the opportunity to growth in their faith by belonging to a WHY Group.
- WHY Groups are the smaller group gatherings of individuals and families from the WHY Church, often meeting in homes.
- The home is the primary environment for faith formation in our students and children.
- Dad and Mom are the primary faith formers in their kids.
- The church is an important complement to faith formation at home, especially in equipping parents for the task of spiritual parenting.
- The church blesses students and children with “spiritual fathers and mothers” – faith-nurturing adults outside of their nuclear family. For our high school students we also refer to these adults as “faith mentors”.
- Contact Megan Pedersen, Pastoral Associate for Student Ministry. She would love to help!