Summer is here!
Kids who have completed grades 5-12 are invited to join us for summer activities. Questions? Contact Megan Pedersen.
High School and Adult Summer Study – 2 Corinthians
Wednesdays through August, 7-8PM, Orono Park (Y for rain backup).
CAER Kidz Kitz | Wednesday, June 12, 10:30AM-1PM
Meet at CAER to pack bags of food for local school-aged kids in need. Lunch will be provided. Sign up here.
Senior Serve | Tuesdays, June 18 & 25, July 9, 16, & 25 | 1-3PM, Guardian Angels Care Center
Students will visit with seniors in the courtyard, do activities with them, and then walk over to Amore for Ice Cream. Friends are welcome. Meet at the GA Care Center. Sign up here.
Movie Night: Toy Story 4 | Friday, June 21, 7:30-9:45PM, Emagine Rogers
Join us for Movie Night! Please meet at the theater in Rogers. The show begins at 8PM. Friends are welcome. Cost: $8 per ticket plus snack money. Sign up here by Thursday, June 20.
Middle School Mess Fest | Monday, August 19, 6-8:30PM, Elk River YMCA
Life is messy! Join us for crazy games involving water and shaving cream. Wear clothes that can get messy. Bring a towel and your friends.
High School London Leadership Trip | July 31-Aug 10, London, UK
We are traveling to London with High School students for the 175th Anniversary of the YMCA. We are excited about this opportunity!
- Students in grades 6-12 are invited to the Y on Wednesdays, 6:30-8:00 PM beginning on September 18, 2019. Kids can play pick-up basketball at the end of the evening.
College Care Ministry
- The WHY Church actively supports and encourages our students who are attending college or away from home. We send care packages, write notes, and pray throughout the year for these students!
- All students and kids have the opportunity to growth in their faith by belonging to a WHY Group.
- WHY Groups are the smaller group gatherings of individuals and families from the WHY Church, often meeting in homes.
- The home is the primary environment for faith formation in our students and children.
- Dad and Mom are the primary faith formers in their kids.
- The church is an important complement to faith formation at home, especially in equipping parents for the task of spiritual parenting.
- The church blesses students and children with “spiritual fathers and mothers” – faith-nurturing adults outside of their nuclear family. For our high school students we also refer to these adults as “faith mentors”.
- Contact Megan Pedersen, Pastoral Associate for Student Ministry. She would love to help!